The census will, among other things, allow a comparison of the Irish Fintech sector to those in other leading Fintech hubs and highlight areas where Ireland needs to improve, drawing on best practice from other leading Fintech hubs.
The aim of the census will be to provide:
- A crucial fact-base for investors, policymakers and other stakeholders to understand the industry and to chart its growth.
- Provide a clear picture of the sector to Government: the census will be used to inform future policy across the areas of tax, employment, regulation and investment.
- Provide greater visibility of the sector to investors and talent: the census will help promote the opportunities in Irish Fintech to international investors and those looking to work in the sector
- Provide sector benchmarks: the census will enable companies to benchmark their business against the broader Fintech sector
- Allow a comparison of the Irish industry to that in other leading Fintech hubs and highlight areas where Ireland needs to improve, drawing on best practice from other leading Fintech hubs which we may wish to emulate.
This is a joint effort involving Enterprise Ireland, IDA, Fintech and Payments Association of Ireland / Banking and Payments Association of Ireland, Financial Services Ireland and Fintech Ireland. This will be led by Enterprise Ireland.
EY Ireland are partnering with Enterprise Ireland on the preparation of this report and have carried out similar work across the UK, Australia and ASEAN regions.